Colour, a major part in fashion designing, is undoubtedly a psychological notion taken from the vision that is a mix of ration and perception. This is why colours are important and deserve undivided attention when it comes to designing. No one can deny the fact that colour is the first thing that people notice first. The colour of your dress determines if you have been able to create a great first impression. For instance, if you continue wearing a specific colour all the time, it certainly says something about your personality. A course on fashion design online courses focuses on the reason behind this. Well, this is due to colour psychology!
What is colour psychology is all about?
Colour psychology is the psychological influence of colours on the functioning of a person. In simpler words, colour psychology can be defined as the study of hues as a determinant of human behavior. There are a lot of things that colours affect. This includes perception, placebo, moods, nature etc.
Our ancestors also used colour psychology as therapy. Researchers found that the ancient Egyptians as well as the Chinese practiced Chromotherapy. This is a method in which colours healed individuals increasing circulation, alleviate skin problems, purify the body and soothe illness. Amazing isn’t it?
Colours for behaviors as well as emotions
Art therapy says that colours have mental and emotional effects on sighted people in different facets of life. Some places can irritate you, while others can make you calm and relaxed, it’s all because of the colours. Here’s a brief description of how colours are responsible for affecting a person’s emotions or behavior:
- White symbolizes purity and innocence.
- Black symbolises evil or unhappiness.
- Green stands for envy.
- Pink address the shades of romance and kindness.
- Yellow radiates warmth and energy.
- Red depicts love and excitement.
- Blue is all about calmness and sadness.
- Purple is an indication of wealth, mystery and wisdom.
- Whereas Orange shows enthusiasm and attention.
Now let’s talk about the significance of colours in fashion world!
Even in online fashion designing courses, students are taught the importance and use of colours.
- Black symbolizes power and authority and makes people look skinnier. People who have a deep fascination for timeless and classy clothes, mostly choose black over any other shade. Though the colour depicts primordial void, it always makes anyone happy!
- White is a symbol of purity and peace. It’s the best summer colour that reflects light, and is The good news is that you can pair it up with any colour you want.
- Red is an intense colour that seems to generate interest, love, and attraction. So, it’s a shade that emotionally engulfs people.
- Blue is for someone who is trustworthy, dependable and committed. Blue symbolizes that the person is not impulsive or spontaneous and is perceived as a constant in people’s
- Green is an epitome of tranquil and freshness and is also the easiest colour that improves vision. Being a natural balance of calmness and warmth, green uses an accent that harmonizes with the shades of blue like a breeze.
Colour also acts as a mode of communication. There’s a lot that the colours speak around you, all you need is an eye to see!
Get all the Excitement through the Hunar Online Courses APP Today. Download Now!