Do you often think to yourself that your skin requires some special care? You require some sort of skin routine from day to night because your skin feels your stress too. Online beautician course make self-care more fun.
The first step inculcated in any online beautician course is to know your skin type. From cleansing products to toners, from moisturisers to makeup, everything can wait but not this. Unless you know your skin type, you won’t get the desired output.
Analysis of the Skin
There are basically five types of skin conditions, as per any online beautician course and the following descriptions will help you recognise the different conditions and make you choose the skincare products accordingly.
Self-Test: Skin Analysis
• Look at your own un-moisturised skin in the mirror.
• Is the overall texture dry, shiny/oily, or smooth/normal?
• How does your skin feel after you wash it with your cleansing product? If you feel your forehead to be tight, you have dry skin.
• How does your skin normally look by the afternoon? Does it feel oily or dry even after moisturisation?
• Are you under some kind of stress or going through some hormonal changes?
• How has your diet been?
• What has been your mantra for skin protection against the sun?
Image Source- Vox
An accurate skin analysis will help you determine the most effective cleanser, moisturiser, and makeup products for your skin type. However, we suggest seeing a dermatologist in case you feel any kind of skin problem and the problem persists or worsens.
1. Normal Skin Analysis:
• Normal skin gives you a comfortable feeling.
• The pores are small and evenly textured. Also, they are not easily visible. Only the larger pores on the forehead, nose, or chin are visible.
• The cheeks are not excessively dry.
• Water and oil content in normal skin types are balanced.
Normal skin needs routine cleansing and exfoliation twice a week. Moisturization has to be done using lightweight lotions only and sunscreen should be used to keep it healthy. To keep the skin soft, smooth and hydrated, you should have a diet rich in vitamins A, C, E with sufficient fluid intake.
2. Dry/Extra Dry Skin Analysis:
• This type of skin feels tight after washing.
• May look dry, feel rough, uneven and dehydrated.
• The skin may be sensitive and pores here are so small that they may almost be invisible.
• Shows fine lines like scratch marks.
Dry skin requires special care. A healthy diet with foods high in water content and at least eight glasses of water a day keeps this skin type hydrated. Caffeine and alcohol limit intake to two cups or glasses a day. Limiting sun exposure, using a good moisturiser and cleanser can protect your skin’s natural oils. Layering different textures of moisturizer can hydrate the skin. You can begin with lightweight face oil and then layer a rich cream over that. Creams that contain alpha-hydroxy acids (AHA) help remove the dry, dead skin. Be more and more in contact with humid temperatures.
3. Oily Skin Analysis:
• Oily skin is shiny, especially through the T-zone. What is the T-zone? The T-zone is made up of the forehead, nose, and chin parts.
• The pores are large and visible.
• This type of skin type may show a few signs of ageing, such as fine lines.
Oily skin requires a healthy diet and a regular skincare routine. You should cleanse the face at least twice a day to prevent dirt accumulation and to keep the pores open. To prevent the skin from over drying, you should use oil-free moisturisers.
4. Combination Skin Analysis:
• Oily through the T-zone.
• Dry cheeks.
• Larger pores on the forehead, nose and chin area.
The face requires regular cleansing, toning and moisturising of the oily areas. Also, it is suggested to use a mild cleanser and dense moisturiser, especially with AHA, for the dry areas.
5. Sensitive Skin Analysis:
In this type, the skin is easily irritated by cosmetics, moisturisers and cleansers. Also, it is sensitive to redness and may feel itchy sometimes.
Use mild, non-perfumed cleansing products, moisturisers and an alcohol-free toner; all three are formulated for sensitive skin types.
Colour correction is the most sought after topic in any online beautician course.
The three primary colours we have at our disposal are red, yellow and blue. Secondary colours such as orange, green and purple are obtained using these three primary colours.
• Red and yellow colours are mixed together to get an orange colour.
• Yellow and blue are combined to get the green colour.
• Blue and red colours are mixed together to get the purple colour.
Using the primary and secondary colours, a colour wheel is thus prepared. This colour wheel is important as it will provide you with more knowledge about the friend and enemy colours. Enemy colours are those two colours that reduce the effect of the other colour when mixed together. While friend colours are those two colours that can go hand in hand and thus elevate each other.
For colour correction, we use enemy colours thus reducing the effect of various visible flaws of the face.
Online beautician course emphasize on the importance of colour correction to treat some of the skin-related issues as mentioned-
• The under eyes are always blue because of the green and blue veins. Due to obstructed blood circulation around the eyes, there forms blood clotting. This leads to intense dark circles and the skin under the eyes starts to blacken. However, the undertone is blue in colour. In such a case, orange concealer is used. However, if you have dark eyes that are not very intense, you can use a peach colour concealer.
• Acne pimples are actually red and so, green concealer can be used for skin correction in such a case. The same can be used for any red mark appearing on the face.
• Yellow concealer is used mostly to highlight.
With the help of some of the tips demonstrated in an online beautician course, you can shield your skin from aging and other related concerns, give yourself a trendy makeover and enhance your skin type and tone, all within budget!
Image Source- Vogue India
At Hunar Online, you will get access to detailed video lessons and can learn from anywhere. You will get 24/7 faculty support and a chance to learn from the experts of the industry. You can also watch our trial classes and get a glimpse of our courses. You can start learning your favourite course by downloading the app.
So, what are you waiting for? Join Hunar Online Courses and do what you always wanted to do.