Can you guess the secret of how to become a makeup artist? Makeup happens to be one of the most enigmatic, spiritual and beautiful things on earth and every makeup artist is proud to be part of its legacy to the world. Let us now try to find the answer to how to become a makeup artist-
Who is a Makeup Artist?
A Makeup artist is a person who uses various techniques and methods in order to modify or beautify the physical appearance of someone. Makeup artists basically deal with makeup products and cosmetics to create a glam look, smoothen the facial features and sharpen the look. The fashion industry and media industry is one of the few growing fields in India that has a greater future scope for makeup artists.
Know the skills required to become a makeup artist before you learn how to become a professional makeup artist-
- To become a professional makeup artist, one has to be creative enough to generate new ideas from scratch.
- Good communication skills are the key to determining long-term relationships with the clients.
- To enter the makeup industry, one needs to have a good understanding of makeup products and beauty techniques.
- One needs to have good customer service skills to handle and understand the needs of clients. This is one of the most important conditions in the makeup industry.
- To be efficient in handling duties, time management is a must for any makeup artist.
How To Become A Makeup Artist In India? Know the Eligibility Criteria
If you are passionate about entering the makeup industry, you don’t need any degree or qualification as such. However, if you have any certification or diploma in makeup or fashion-related courses, you will likely have a higher chance to get into the makeup industry.
As a makeup artist, you are expected to be able to use your imagination to create a piece of art. Certification will enhance your chance of becoming an artist. You can get into the field of makeup even after passing your 12th board exams. You can enrol in a makeup artist course, such as a certificate course, diploma course or bachelor’s. This will help you understand better and gain knowledge of this field.
How to Become a Celebrity Makeup Artist? Know the Salary of Makeup Artists in India
The payout scale of makeup artists has seen massive growth with the rise of the fashion and makeup industry. The payout scale of a makeup professional in India is likely to vary based on different criteria such as the area of requirement, the skills possessed, etc.
In general, the payout scale for a makeup artist in India starts from ₹25,000 which can be scaled up to lakhs with the boom in the fashion and makeup industry. Bollywood celebrity makeup artists surely earn more than any professional makeup artist in India.
- Celebrity makeup artists such as Ambika Pillai, who has done many looks for actresses like Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Malaika Arora charges ₹25000 onwards for one sitting and ₹40000 onwards for bridal makeup.
- Namrata Soni who does makeup for actresses like Sonam Kapoor, Kajol and Deepika Padukone charges ₹40000 onwards for each makeup session.
- Mallika Bhatt who creates makeup looks for celebrities like Kareena Kapoor Khan, Bipasha Basu and Shilpa Shetty charges ₹30000 onwards per sitting and a whopping ₹1 lakh onwards for bridal makeup.
Steps To Know How To Become A Professional Makeup Artist
1. How to Become a Makeup Artist in India? Learn Necessary Skills
To become a makeup artist, one has to acquire the necessary skills and gain an understanding of the different methods of applying makeup and the use of various makeup products. You can also opt for necessary offline and online make-up courses such as a diploma or certification.
2. How to Become a Celebrity Makeup Artist? Connect With Experienced Makeup Artists in India
To help gain the opportunity of entering the makeup industry, it is quite necessary to remain connected with experienced makeup artists in India. Connection with numerous people in the industry will help your name be witnessed by a lot of makeup artists and in this manner, your work will not go unnoticed. This will pave the way for you to enter into bigger projects.
3. How to Become a Professional Makeup Artist? Create your Portfolio
Create a portfolio with all your strengths and weaknesses, previous experience and skills mentioned.
When developing your portfolio, make sure you’re using slightly elevated pictures and good-quality optics to eventually improve your portfolio and give you a plethora of incredible opportunities.
4. How to Become a Makeup Artist? Know the Industries that Require Makeup Artists in India
- Fashion Industry
- Movie Industry
- Event Management
- Public Relations
One should apply for a creative approach to get into these industries.
Makeup artists are basically divided into three categories
1) Arranging fashion models for photoshoots is the work of cosmetics or fashion artists.
2) Being a cosmetologist or a beautician is a difficult job as they are the person licensed to provide cosmetic treatments to the hair, skin and nails.
3) As an entrepreneur, you can set up your own beauty parlour or makeup beauty store as well.
It is an undeniable fact that a well-trained artist is in high demand in all fields related to this industry.
So, we can conclude by saying that all that is required to know how to become a makeup artist in India is skill and knowledge along with some determination.
Also Read: What Should Your Makeup Kit Include?
At Hunar Online, you will get access to detailed video lessons and can learn from anywhere. You will get 24/7 faculty support and a chance to learn from the experts in the industry. Also, watch our trial classes and get a glimpse of our courses. You can start learning your favourite course by downloading the app.
So, what are you waiting for? Join Hunar Online Courses and do what you always wanted to do.